This Single-Family in Billerica, MA recently sold for $473,000.
This is a Colonial style home and features 8 total rooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.24 acres, and was sold by
Walt Fitzgerald and Alison Ludwig – ERA Key Realty Services
This Single-Family in Tyngsborough, MA recently sold for $390,100.
This is a Colonial style home and features 7 total rooms, 2 full baths, 1 half bath, 3 bedrooms, 0.73 acres, and was sold by
Walt Fitzgerald and Alison Ludwig – ERA Key Realty Services
Paying off your mortgage early and having no bills sounds like a no brainer. The answer however is not so simple. The answer really is; it depends.
First you need to ask yourself a few questions.
1. Have you capitalized your employer’s match to your retirement savings?
If the answer is no and you are not contributing the maximum than you are throwing away free money. You may want to consider putting your money here before paying down your mortgage.
2. Do you have other debt other than your mortgage?
Pay off high interest credit card debit first. It makes no sense to pay off a lower interest loan and carry high interest debt.
3. Do you have an emergency fund?
Experts suggest at least a three month supply of living expenses. Some even go as much as twenty four months of living expenses after the turn in the economy and job market. It makes more sense to have money set aside for a sudden loss of income before you
pay off your mortgage.
4. Do you owe more than your house is worth?
If you are upside down you are more susceptible to foreclosure. Ask yourself how much how much you enjoy living there. Would you be willing to buy it again for more than it is worth now?
5. Do you have life, health and disability insurance?
If you are the main source of income in your household what would happen if you were no longer able to make the payments? Putting safety nets in place first is a wise idea.
6. Do you believe you can get better return investing elsewhere?
Paying off your mortgage is an investment decision. Ask how does paying off my mortgage stack up with other investment options?
7. Are you thinking of retiring and want to live with the worry of a payment?
The thought of living on a fixed income can be scary. Paying off your mortgage may give you peace of mind. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It really comes down to what is most important to you. Sometimes, the answer is not based just on dollars and sense and more on what works for you, your life, your family situation and just plain old personal preference.
Get rid of germs without using harsh chemicals. You can make lots of household cleaners without using harsh chemicals or spending a lot of money. You can even make heavy duty cleaners with common household items. It doesn’t take a lot of time or money just a little mixing and you are ready to go.
There are lots of different recipes but here is one way to make your own homemade heavy-duty disinfectant cleaner:
1/4 cup powdered laundry detergent
1 tablespoon borax
3/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup pine oil, or pine-based cleaner
1. Slowly stir the detergent and borax into the water to dissolve.
2. Add the pine oil and mix well. You can find pine oil at hardware stores.
If you are using the cleaner for the bathroom cleaning, use it full strength. In the kitchen, dilute it with water.
But it can be easy to sell your home when you have kids if you do some small things to remedy clutter:
Chelmsford, MA Listing AlertsChelmsford, MA - $110,000
139 Billerica Rd - Commercial - Year Built:1986 - Acres:04 hours agoChelmsford, MA - $265,800
262 Littleton Rd - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/110 hours agoChelmsford, MA - $164,000
71 Princeton St - Condo - Garden, Mid-Rise - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1Chelmsford, MA - $2,300
3 Stonegate Rd - Rentals - - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1
Westford, MA Listing AlertsWestford, MA - $1,050
88 North Main - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:13 hours agoWestford, MA - $389,500
26 Forge Village Rd. - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:39 hours agoWestford, MA - $444,900
287 Groton Rd - Single-Family - Farmhouse - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Westford, MA - $155,000
10 Groton - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:1/1
Tyngsborough, MA Listing AlertsTyngsborough, MA - $350,000
75 Red Gate Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/17 hours agoTyngsborough, MA - $219,900
50 Middlesex Road - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2Tyngsborough, MA - $169,900
136 Lakeview Ave - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Tyngsborough, MA - $2,500
9 Kendall Rd - Commercial - Year Built:1727 - Acres:1.82
- New Release December 12, 2013Chelmsford Audio Theatre's Halloween Radio Show. http://youtu.be/gwa3G2OCVyE This unique, "old tyme" radio play was presented at the Chelmsford Center for the Arts on October 27, just in time for last Halloween. […]
- Grinder Pump Committee Begins Its Work December 12, 2013A study committee created to look at the issue of grinder pumps in town took its first steps toward a recommendation for the Selectmen and Town Meeting voters on Wednesday evening. […]
- The CCA Gift Shop is Open December 11, 20132. Down at the Chelmsford Foruma Middlesex Community College takes on Suffolk University on Saturday at 9 p.m. Admission is free! 4. The CCA Gift Shop Is Open on Thursdaya . […]
- Chelmsford Community Band Performing at the Elks Club This Weekend December 11, 2013Join the Chelmsford Women of Today at the First Parish Unitarian Church on Saturday at 9 a.m. to meet Santa, get some breakfast, check out some crafts and more! Kettlebell Workshop You can burn 34 calories an hour with kettlebells and Skill of Strength can show you how! They've got a workshop on Saturday at 10 a.m. Fine Art Gift Shop at the CCA ... (mor […]
- Celebrate A Swedish Christmas Tradition at Trinity Lutheran Church December 11, 2013Check out a Nightmare Before Christmas on Friday! It costs $2, with a $10 cap per family. […]
- New Release December 12, 2013
- Festival of Trees starts today in Westford December 12, 2013The Westford Family Funfest's first Festival of Trees celebration will be this week, beginning with an opening ceremony tonight. […]
- Community Christmas Chorus at First Parish Church United This Weekend December 12, 2013Looking for something to do? Here are a few things going on in Westford this weekend. […]
- Weekend Agenda: Holiday Stroll, Holiday Stories, 'Scrooge' and a Laser Show December 11, 2013The weekend has arrived, but you've got no idea what you're going to do? Patch is coming to the rescue with your best bets for the done-work-outta-here time. […]
- Westford Resident Needs Your Help to Start A School in Madagascar December 11, 2013Today we're highlighting a Westford resident hoping to start up a school in Madagascar. […]
- Child's illness has Lowell family struggling December 11, 2013Heidi Melanson says it's only by the grace of her family's support system her two sons will have Christmas presents this year. […]
- Festival of Trees starts today in Westford December 12, 2013
- 3 locals to run at nationals December 12, 2013For the fourth straight year, the Greater Lowell Road Runners Youth Program will be sending runners to the Junior Olympics Cross Country National Championship. […]
- Police use pepper spray on man after assault December 11, 2013A Tyngsboro man was taken into custody Monday night, but not without a fight, and police reported they had to use pepper spray to detain him. […]
- Gun shots prompt soft lockdown at Tyngsboro school December 9, 2013The Tyngsboro Elementary School was placed into a soft lockdown Monday morning after staff reported they heard gunshots in the area. […]
- A wallet with $900 dropped -- Tyngsboro boys knew what to do December 7, 2013When a pair of middle schoolers found a wallet containing close to $900 in cash, they spent a few minutes daydreaming about the things they could buy. […]
- 'Yellow Dot' program in Tyngsboro will aid crash patients December 6, 2013The town rolled out its new "Yellow Dot" program this week, designed to help emergency personnel identify victims' conditions and medical records while responding to serious motor-vehicle crashes. […]
- 3 locals to run at nationals December 12, 2013